|Posted on:||Mar 16, 2023|
As the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services builds cutting edge fibre and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the forefront of developing Bell’s leading products and services: Fibe TV and Internet, Wireless, Smart Home, cloud, security and IoT. We enable the delivery of the best content from Crave, TSN/RDS, iHeart Radio and dozens of other leading media properties to our customers any time, on any device.
As a Solution Architect within the Wireless Network Operations and Intelligence team, you will be a key participant in the development of Big Data and Data Science products used to support network operations and engineering. Acting as a technical lead, you will ensure the products and services built in-house, or supplied by vendors, meets expectations and drives value for our customers. You will have a direct influence on the direction that we take to improve customer experience though data engineering and analysis.
Our team will have a direct impact on our customer’s experience on the new 5G network and be part of projects that will influence teams across all of Bell. Having a broad range of experience and skills in software and tools development is ideal, and have the skills to adapt to a changing landscape with a pivot to a hybrid cloud environment.
If you enjoy keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies, running proof-of-concept projects with global partners, and can come up with multiple technical solutions to reach a goal with a great team, than this is the position for you.
- Have an understanding of our in-house data architecture (Hadoop\Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes, ELK, etc) and be able to design data processing and storage solutions.
- Collaborating with developers on final designs and ensure that best practices are being followed and kept current.
- Ensure our data solutions are resilient and can be monitored as part of your design.
- Expand your understanding about public cloud (GCP) and help advance our team’s ability to deploy and migrate data workflows to cloud.
- Execute on proof of concept projects with your own designs or with vendors.
- Collaborate with teams to present potential technical solutions, understanding the feasibility, benefits, and trade-offs of the proposed solutions.
- Participate in the ideation of new services, products, features, and solutions.
- Ownership of a technology roadmap and align it with the overall the business direction and architecture team initiatives
- Drive the team to adopt best practices, implement internal guidelines, and have a quality driven approach to secure data engineering.
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, or an advanced degree, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related subject.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing end-to-end data solutions in a big data environment.
- Practical knowledge building and coding applications using Hadoop components - HDFS, Hive, Sqoop, Kafka, StreamSets, Spark, Spark streaming, HBase, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience building Java/Python data engineering projects in public cloud.
- Hands on experience working with containerized environments (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker).
- Proficient in SQL/NoSQL and other query languages.
- Full understanding of cloud-based and micro-services architecture.
- Linux/Unix and scripting skills.
- Experience in software testing and support.
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing individuals as a leader and as a contributor.
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal, and technology illustrations.
- Experience with research and development in data engineering and able to articulate solutions to a wide range of technical and non-technical people.
- Solution Architect and\or Data Engineer Cloud Certifications (GCP preferred)
- Understanding of traditional ETL tools & Data Warehousing architecture.
- Practical knowledge with DevOps tools and programming/scripting languages such as Python, Bash, PowerShell, Go, Ansible, GIT, etc.
- Experience with Agile / Scrum and DevOps principles, practices and tools
#Indeed #Tech #Technology #Talent #SQL #Kubernetes #Docker #Java #Python #Hadoop #Spark #Java #Kubernetes #GCP #Architect #Data #Cloud
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 03/21/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.
How to apply to this developer job?
Looking for developers?Post a jobExplore profiles
Are you a developer?Submit your profile
Latest developer jobs in Montreal
- Specialist, Core EngineeringBellReq Id: 408693 At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and …📍 Montreal⏱ 🚗🗓 Mar 17, 2023
- Senior Network Infrastructure Architect - OpticalBellAs the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services builds cutting edge fibre and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the f…📍 Montreal⏱ 🚗🗓 Mar 17, 2023
- Senior Network Infrastructure Architect - IPBellAs the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services builds cutting edge fibre and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the f…📍 Montreal⏱ 🚗🗓 Mar 17, 2023
- Senior Big Data EngineerBellAs the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services builds cutting edge fibre and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the f…📍 Montreal⏱ 🚗🗓 Mar 16, 2023
- Specialist, Technical NetworkBellAs the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services builds cutting edge fibre and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the f…📍 Montreal⏱ 🚗🗓 Mar 16, 2023