|Posted on:||Apr 13, 2023|
As a senior developer Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you are the expert who helps the organization operate the cloud effectively.
The squad has a four-axis mission; Technological Architecture, Cloud Solutions Architecture, Support of projects to the Cloud in GitOps mode and Cloud operational governance.
Your role :
You actively participate in realizing our DevOps vision by defining and improving our operational and cloud reliability practices and work with teams to adopt these practices. You improve the observability of IT systems while performing an optimization of operational work by tasks (labor) to unlock teams with operational needs where automated or self-service solutions do not yet exist.
You focus on automating deployment pipelines, while documenting the processes that reduce the impact of errors. Simplify systems and ensure adoption of robust design patterns. As an SRE Cloud Expert, you are generalist in all things DevOps and have extensive experience in SDLC software engineering practices.
Primary Responsibilities :
· Promote a culture focused on DevOps and reliability by building strong relationships with technical and non-technical teams
· Work with the broader software engineering community to design and implement highly resilient architectures and processes
· Improve our cloud deployment practices for improved reliability, repeatability, and security
· Identify automation opportunities and points of failure in application pipelines
· Automate and optimize the provisioning and configuration of cloud services
· Help develop chaos engineering practices to improve site reliability and internal incident response processes and tools
· Help improve continuous deployment tools and processes
· Help refine our security posture and automate security practices (security as code) in accordance with government and regulatory agency requirements
· You write code for all of the above and if that is not possible, document it in a Wiki
· University degree in related fields with 5 years of experience or equivalent experience
· Mastery of Linux/Unix administration including scripting; familiarity with Windows Server administration (asset)
· Official certifications required; AWS, CKA, CNCF
· Senior level knowledge of CLI / API, Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash, and Git
· Good knowledge of container administration experience, including Docker, Kubernetes, Istio or other service mesh implementations
· Networking experience including VPCs, SDNs / VLANs, DNS, routers and firewalls
· Experience with SQL, using RDS-PostgreSQL or other DBMS
· Experience with monitoring / alerting tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, Sysdig, DataDog
· Experience with log aggregation tools such as FluentD, ELK, Splunk
· Experience with vaults and secrets management processes and tools
· Strong communication and technical simplification abilities
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
Being part of the National Bank team means being able to reach your full potential thanks to the many career development opportunities in different sectors, on different projects and with different teams.
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have positive impact on people’s lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that's accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodation, feel free to let us know during our initial conversations.
Are you ready to live your ambitions?
How to apply to this developer job?
Latest developer jobs in Montreal
- Senior .NET Programmer AnalystDesjardinsAt Desjardins, we believe in equity, diversity and inclusion. We're committed to welcoming, respecting and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embraci…📍 Lévis, Montréal⏱ Full-time🚗🗓 Dec 4, 2023
- Senior Manager, Technical Program ManagementAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 23WD73861 La traduction en Français se trouve plus bas!/The French translation can be found below! 23WD73861 Senior Manager, Technical Program Management Position Overview Autode…📍 Montreal, Toronto⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 29, 2023
- Senior Software EngineerAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 23WD72808 Position Overview Come join us! Do you want to create engaging, helpful, attractive websites and eCommerce platform that are frequented by millions of visitors worldwid…📍 Montreal, AMER - United States - Georgia - Offsite/Home, AMER - United States - Oregon - Offsite/Home, Toronto⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 28, 2023
- Senior Advisor, Radio EngineeringBellReq Id: 415789 At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and …📍 Montreal⏱ 🚗🗓 Nov 23, 2023
- Product Manager, Education PlatformsAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 23WD73477 La traduction en Français se trouve plus bas!/The French translation can be found below! 23WD73477 Product Manager, Education Platforms Position Overview Autodesk's…📍 Montreal, Quebec⏱ Full-time🚗 Remote, Hybrid🗓 Nov 10, 2023