|Posted on:||Nov 10, 2022|
The backend expert behind our scalable and resilient solutions
Our team is looking for a staff backend developer to join them in handling millions of search queries per week, ensuring that every single one is dispatched to the right service.
- Maintain one of Coveo's most critical customer-facing services.
- Work with product owners and service teams to interpret requirements.
- Produce, present and discuss design documents with the team and stakeholders.
- Collaborate in defining and shaping our API, being aware that every decision has an impact on those consuming it.
- Investigate and analyze the performance of our services in order to optimize them.
- Be hands-on with every part of the development life cycle from conception to coding to automated testing to deployment.
Why be a staff developer at Coveo?
At Coveo, our staff developers are key players to ensure the success of our projects. With their focus on learning and continuous improvement, they have a strong technical and cultural impact in the organization. Concretely, by using a global approach, they establish the balance between implementing a high quality scalable technology, delivering new features to clients, defining standards and good practices for coding and other day to day operations all whilst removing technical blockers when needed. They are continuously leading towards excellence, while enabling their peers to grow along the way.
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years experience in backend development (Java is a plus).
- Exceptional experience writing large and complex systems in distributed teams.
- Experience developing web service backends, and service to service architecture.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with core Java (for example, knowledge of JVM internals, such a garbage collection and Java reference types).
- Interest in working with functional programming style, and mixed OO/FP Scala code
- Good communication skills and passion for solving technical challenges as part of an agile team.
- Have a pet who insists on taking over your Zoom meetings.
What we offer:
- Flexible work conditions: want to work from home full time? No problem! Want to meet your colleagues, take part in social activities or just enjoy a free supply of coffee and tea? Come to one of our offices! You prefer working in the evenings? As long as your team is fine with it, so are we!
- Training and career growth opportunities: Want to try a new stack, challenge colleagues in a hack-a-thon or learn more best practices in Security or DevOps principles? Go ahead! And the opposite is also true: you have a topic you’re fond of and you see colleagues that could benefit from it? Share with them!
Sounds like something up your alley? Reach out to us!
Join the Coveolife!
We know that applying for a new role is a lot of work and we really appreciate your time.
_We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of, for example, age, gender, disability, gaps in CV, national or ethnic background. _
How to apply to this developer job?
Latest developer jobs in Montreal
- Staff SRE/DevOps - AI & Machine Learning - ATGServiceNowCompany Description At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people…📍 Montreal⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 10, 2022
- Senior Full-Stack Developer (RoR/REACT)LexopLexop is looking for an experienced Full-Stack (REACT FE / RoR BE) developer — open to remote work …📍 Montreal, Toronto⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 10, 2022
- Senior Back-End Developer (RoR)LexopLexop is looking for an experienced Back-end Ruby developer — open to remote work within Canada. Le…📍 Montreal, Toronto⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 10, 2022
- QA Automation EngineerLexopLexop is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer — open to remote work within Canada. Lexop’s mi…📍 Montreal, Toronto⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 10, 2022
- Application architectNational Bank of CanadaAre you an application architect who enjoys the challenges of technology transformations? Do you li…📍 Montreal⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 1, 2022