|Posted on:||Jul 7, 2023|
As a programming project lead, you will have the important mission of ensuring that the technological vision and creative ambitions of a game are realized. Technical, budgetary, and human constraints and requirements may test your leadership, organizational skills, and ability to delegate, but your talents will always allow you to find ways to keep things on track.
You will not be doing this alone! You will work with teams of talented and inspired programmers, supervised by equally passionate team leaders. You will work with these managers to guarantee team cohesion and to plan and oversee the work so that every issue is addressed, every deadline is met, and every person is engaged and able to grow.
Every initiative you take, whether it’s about time management, optimizing tools and features, or making sure technology works properly, will have a direct impact on the quality of the game. In other words, you will have the chance to see the fruit of your efforts and the genius of your teams reflected behind the players’ controllers.
What you’ll do
In this role, where no two days will be like, you will:
- Organize and coordinate the project’s various technical activities and resources required throughout the production cycle based on needs and priorities.
- Act as a bridge between management and the programming teams to confirm that the vision and needs of one are understood and met by the other.
- With the help of your team leads, make sure that the roadmap stays on track and those cohesive systems are developed in parallel.
- Define and implement new ways of doing things that will make it easier for teams to do their work in the long run.
- Suggest improvements and solutions that will help achieve the project's objectives.
- Report the concerns, recommendations, and observations of the programmers to the management team.
- Monitor the evolution of the game architecture’s and ensure the technologies are working well.
- Oversee resource planning and recruitment
- Adopt a respectful and caring approach to maintain the professional well‑being of the members of your team.
What you bring
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or an equivalent field
- 10+ years of programming experience and at least five years of experience managing a game programming team
- Experience in the production of at least one full game
- A thorough understanding of video game production (animation, sound, 3D, etc.) and the reality of the different working units
- Excellent mastery of various programming principles
- A sense of leadership and team spirit enhanced by good communication skills
- An empathetic approach when it comes to managing stress in a fast-paced environment (there’s always a solution, and you know it)
- An open and innovative mind coupled with excellent synthesizing skills
- An educational approach and a desire to share your extensive technical expertise
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background and skills
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
How to apply to this developer job?
Latest developer jobs in Montreal
- Senior .NET Programmer AnalystDesjardinsAt Desjardins, we believe in equity, diversity and inclusion. We're committed to welcoming, respecting and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embraci…📍 Lévis, Montréal⏱ Full-time🚗🗓 Dec 4, 2023
- Senior Manager, Technical Program ManagementAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 23WD73861 La traduction en Français se trouve plus bas!/The French translation can be found below! 23WD73861 Senior Manager, Technical Program Management Position Overview Autode…📍 Montreal, Toronto⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 29, 2023
- Senior Software EngineerAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 23WD72808 Position Overview Come join us! Do you want to create engaging, helpful, attractive websites and eCommerce platform that are frequented by millions of visitors worldwid…📍 Montreal, AMER - United States - Georgia - Offsite/Home, AMER - United States - Oregon - Offsite/Home, Toronto⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 28, 2023
- Senior Advisor, Radio EngineeringBellReq Id: 415789 At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and …📍 Montreal⏱ 🚗🗓 Nov 23, 2023
- Product Manager, Education PlatformsAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 23WD73477 La traduction en Français se trouve plus bas!/The French translation can be found below! 23WD73477 Product Manager, Education Platforms Position Overview Autodesk's…📍 Montreal, Quebec⏱ Full-time🚗 Remote, Hybrid🗓 Nov 10, 2023