|Posted on:||Sep 10, 2023|
As a Team Lead at Ubi Montreal, you guide a group of talented and inspired programmers who develop technology critical to the creation of games Ubisoft fans can’t wait to play. Your team achieves its ambitions thanks to your technical know-how, leadership and ability to make informed decisions. You take pride and share passion for the systems your team develops together.
Your vision and your deep comprehension of what everyone does on your team allow you to harmonize and to multiply the results of everyone’s contribution. When quality systems are delivered and when they work together cohesively, you know you have contributed to offering a rich experience to our players. That’s what truly motivates you.
The daily life of a Team Lead at Ubi Montreal
On a typical day, you gather your team to discuss progress with assigned tasks. You note issues and brainstorm ways to address them. You review outstanding bugs and how best to approach them. You communicate regularly with leads from other disciplines, to plan ahead, identify risks and deliver on time.
You code alongside your team on a daily basis. You regularly update your Project Lead on your team’s assignments and meet with other leads both within and outside your project to discuss how to improve workflows and share technology.
What it takes to make it
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Software engineering;
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in game programming;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team of game programmers;
- Proficient in C++ and other programming languages commonly used in game production;
- Participation in at least one full game production or equivalent as a programming team lead;
- Impeccable strategic leadership and communication skills;
- Remain calm when facing challenging situations (you know a solution is always at hand);
- A deep understanding of video game production with the ease to see the perspectives of other game production discipline.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Catherine.
How to apply to this developer job?
Latest developer jobs in Montreal
- Developer, Software Full StackBellReq Id: 414879 At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and …📍 Verdun⏱ 🚗🗓 Sep 28, 2023
- Senior Developer, Full StackBellReq Id: 410067 At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate. If y…📍 Montreal⏱ 🚗🗓 Sep 28, 2023
- DevOps Engineer, AWS (Toronto / Calgary / Montreal)AutodeskJob Requisition ID # 23WD71958 La traduction en Français se trouve plus bas! / The French translation can be found below! DevOps Engineer, AWS (Toronto / Calgary / Montreal) - 23WD71958 Position Over…📍 AMER - Canada - Ontario - Toronto - University Ave, Montreal, AMER - Canada - Alberta - Calgary⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Sep 27, 2023
- Support Specialist – ProgrammationUbisoftJob description As a Support online programmer in the Online Services team, you will take care of the technical support of products integrated in our online games. In direct communication with the on…📍 Montreal⏱ Full-time🚗🗓 Sep 23, 2023
- Team Lead Programming 3DUbisoftJob description On being a Team Lead Programmer (3D) at Ubisoft Montreal: As a Team Lead Programmer for the 3D team, you guide a group of talented and inspired programmers who develop technology crit…📍 Montreal⏱ Full-time🚗🗓 Sep 23, 2023