|Posted on:||Sep 10, 2023|
As an online programmer at Ubi Montreal, supporting the production teams, you'll shape the connected experience of gamers who gather online. The systems, features and services you'll design, develop, optimize, deploy and maintain will serve to provide them with an unparalleled multiplayer environment.
About Online Services
As Ubisoft's online platform developer, Online Services helps deliver high-quality, connected experiences to millions of gamers around the world. Working in collaboration with production teams, we leverage cutting-edge solutions to develop features that add real value to all our live games - during development and post-launch. Thanks to our overview of Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and our long-term approach to online gaming, we focus our efforts on finding the right solution for the right purpose. What if that solution doesn't yet exist? This is an opportunity for us to create it.
What you will do
- Actively participate in the end-to-end software development lifecycle, including design, analysis, coding, testing, integration, debugging and online services support.
- Work in an agile environment, providing accurate effort estimates for tasks and projects.
- Provide high quality support to production teams, resolving issues quickly and optimizing system performance.
- Assess the risks and potential impact of decisions and changes, contributing to well-informed development strategies.
- Keep abreast of the latest advances in online services, game development, web and cloud technologies.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or related field (or equivalent practical experience).
- Proven experience in using RESTful web services with Node.js, and proficiency in stream processing tools such as Apache Flink (Java), AWS Kinesis, or Apache Kafka.
- Solid knowledge of database programming with PostgreSQL and Redis, as well as expertise in building scalable distributed systems.
- Practical experience of unit, integration and load testing, ensuring software robustness and reliability.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
How to apply to this developer job?
Latest developer jobs in Montreal
- Senior .NET Programmer AnalystDesjardinsAt Desjardins, we believe in equity, diversity and inclusion. We're committed to welcoming, respecting and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embraci…📍 Lévis, Montréal⏱ Full-time🚗🗓 Dec 4, 2023
- Senior Manager, Technical Program ManagementAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 23WD73861 La traduction en Français se trouve plus bas!/The French translation can be found below! 23WD73861 Senior Manager, Technical Program Management Position Overview Autode…📍 Montreal, Toronto⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 29, 2023
- Senior Software EngineerAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 23WD72808 Position Overview Come join us! Do you want to create engaging, helpful, attractive websites and eCommerce platform that are frequented by millions of visitors worldwid…📍 Montreal, AMER - United States - Georgia - Offsite/Home, AMER - United States - Oregon - Offsite/Home, Toronto⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 28, 2023
- Senior Advisor, Radio EngineeringBellReq Id: 415789 At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and …📍 Montreal⏱ 🚗🗓 Nov 23, 2023
- Product Manager, Education PlatformsAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 23WD73477 La traduction en Français se trouve plus bas!/The French translation can be found below! 23WD73477 Product Manager, Education Platforms Position Overview Autodesk's…📍 Montreal, Quebec⏱ Full-time🚗 Remote, Hybrid🗓 Nov 10, 2023