|Posted on:||Sep 21, 2022|
What you’ll be doing
Driving the technical design and alignment around the interface layer between the Hub, the Cloud, an Electron App, and Unity desktop applications like the Editor (a C#/C++ Application)
Helping the Hub evolve from a launcher for a single application to a Homebase, interacting with the Unity Ecosystem
Collaborating with multi-region teams in the development and maintenance of an application with an install base of more than a million users
Helping to grow the next generation of technical leaders in the Hub
Solving problems with a natural investigative ability to seek the best solution, not necessarily the fastest
What we’re looking for
Someone comfortable working between multiple languages, and on multiple desktop platforms
Strong C++ and C# experience, particularly implementing SDKs and inter-application communication
Experience building and interacting with IPC APIs in desktop environments - Windows, Mac, and Linux
Experience with Automation, DevOps and Application Security
You might also have
Electron, Node.js and/or Typescript development experience
Experience with MDM style installation and management in a desktop environment
Understanding of Domain-Driven Design environment, CI/CD, automated testing and/or content creation, authoring software product development experience
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
How to apply to this developer job?
Latest developer jobs in Montreal
- Staff SRE/DevOps - AI & Machine Learning - ATGServiceNowCompany Description At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people…📍 Montreal⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 10, 2022
- Staff backend developerCoveoThe backend expert behind our scalable and resilient solutions Our team is looking for a staff back…📍 Montreal⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 10, 2022
- Senior Full-Stack Developer (RoR/REACT)LexopLexop is looking for an experienced Full-Stack (REACT FE / RoR BE) developer — open to remote work …📍 Montreal, Toronto⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 10, 2022
- Senior Back-End Developer (RoR)LexopLexop is looking for an experienced Back-end Ruby developer — open to remote work within Canada. Le…📍 Montreal, Toronto⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 10, 2022
- QA Automation EngineerLexopLexop is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer — open to remote work within Canada. Lexop’s mi…📍 Montreal, Toronto⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 10, 2022