|Posted on:||Nov 1, 2022|
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 113 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 5,700 people worldwide.
Gameloft is a Vivendi company. All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
The lead programmer is responsible for one project at a time and must collaborate with the studio manager, studio technical director, and the producer to ensure that projects are delivered on time while providing high-quality games and the best experience possible.
Under the direction of the technical director, the lead programmer is responsible for:
- Overseeing all process choices and technical architecture
- Supervising and participating in all aspects of a project, from hiring to the development of technology/tools
- Proposing solutions, approving plans, and helping with the management of the programming team, including employee performance evaluations and code review
- Actively participating in hiring, and providing expert knowledge in design, programming, debugging and optimisation
- Having exceptional analytical sense and problem-solving skills
- Having the ability to program various game modules and tools needed for other teams, and to closely work with other departments to establish restrictions in a game and implement each of the elements and tools needed
The lead programmer must also collaborate with our producer to establish project planning in order to ensure that work is completed on time.
The ideal candidate must have a high level of technical experience and experience in game development. This position requires the following qualifications:
- Degree in computer engineering or computer science
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in programming for PC/console games
- High proficiency in C++
- Expert knowledge of Unreal
- Experience managing a team of 5 people or more
- Knowledge of the technical progression and processes of game development
- Ability to work independently and to handle pressure and produce results within deadlines that can sometimes be short
- Ability to optimize the size and speed of code to take advantage of the capacities of each platform
- Methodical and well-structured programming technique
- Comfortable and agile in a development environment
- Keen interest in video games and a solid understanding of the industry
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer
- Flexible schedule
- Friday afternoon off all year round!
- 3 weeks’ vacation and mobile days off, available as of your start date
- Time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day to help you start the year off on the right foot
- Group RRSP program with employer contributions
- Great group insurance program
- Free 24/7 access to a virtual medical clinic
- The Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Partial reimbursement of your commuting costs (for public transit and/or parking)
- Support for new employees relocating from countries or regions outside Quebec
- Referral program with bonuses
- Regular activities and prizes courtesy of our Social Committee
And at the studio itself:
- Secure bike storage room and a subsidy to encourage active transportation (during the summer)
- Daily snacks (fruit, coffee, etc.)
- Friday happy hours
- A game room
- A rooftop terrace
- Studio located near Jarry Park and the charming Mile-Ex and Little Italy neighbourhoods
- Fitness classes at the studio itself or at Jarry Park (e.g., yoga)
We want to get to know you!
Submit your application now.
How to apply to this developer job?
Latest developer jobs in Montreal
- Staff SRE/DevOps - AI & Machine Learning - ATGServiceNowCompany Description At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people…📍 Montreal⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 10, 2022
- Staff backend developerCoveoThe backend expert behind our scalable and resilient solutions Our team is looking for a staff back…📍 Montreal⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 10, 2022
- Senior Full-Stack Developer (RoR/REACT)LexopLexop is looking for an experienced Full-Stack (REACT FE / RoR BE) developer — open to remote work …📍 Montreal, Toronto⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 10, 2022
- Senior Back-End Developer (RoR)LexopLexop is looking for an experienced Back-end Ruby developer — open to remote work within Canada. Le…📍 Montreal, Toronto⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 10, 2022
- QA Automation EngineerLexopLexop is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer — open to remote work within Canada. Lexop’s mi…📍 Montreal, Toronto⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 10, 2022