|Posted on:||Sep 23, 2023|
On being a Team Lead Programmer (3D) at Ubisoft Montreal:
As a Team Lead Programmer for the 3D team, you guide a group of talented and inspired programmers who develop technology critical to creating games Ubisoft fans can't wait to play. Your team achieves its ambitions thanks to your technical know-how, leadership and ability to make informed decisions. You take pride and share a passion for the systems your team develops together.
Your vision and your deep comprehension of what everyone does on your team allow you to harmonize and multiply the results of everyone's contribution. When quality systems are delivered, and when they work together cohesively, you know you have contributed to offering a rich experience to our players, and that's what truly motivates you.
The daily life of a Team Lead Programmer (3D):
On a typical day, you gather your team to discuss progress with assigned tasks. You note issues and brainstorm ways to address them. You review outstanding bugs and how best to approach them. You communicate regularly with leads from other disciplines to plan, identify risks and deliver on time.
You code alongside your team daily. You regularly update your Project Lead on your team's assignments and meet with other leads both within and outside your project to discuss improving workflows and sharing technology.
Essentially, you and your team care about image quality. You have a good understanding of the physics of lighting and a working knowledge of physically based shading. You use these passions, skills, and ability to create exceptional work and are eager for your colleagues' feedback.
What you bring:
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent training or relevant experience;
- A minimum of 5 years experience in game programming;
- Proficient in C++ and other programming languages commonly used in-game production;
- Significant knowledge and experience with a modern GPU rendering pipeline and how to utilize it efficiently;
- Considerable knowledge and experience with real-time Physically Based Rendering (lighting, BRDF's, camera model, etc.);
- Participation in at least one complete game production or equivalent in a programming role or technical management;
- Impeccable strategic leadership and communication skills;
- Act as a role model. You demonstrate care for people, express inclusive behaviours and foster a safe and respectful work environment;
- Remain calm when facing challenging situations (you know a solution is always at hand);
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Catherine. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
How to apply to this developer job?
Latest developer jobs in Montreal
- Senior .NET Programmer AnalystDesjardinsAt Desjardins, we believe in equity, diversity and inclusion. We're committed to welcoming, respecting and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embraci…📍 Lévis, Montréal⏱ Full-time🚗🗓 Dec 4, 2023
- Senior Manager, Technical Program ManagementAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 23WD73861 La traduction en Français se trouve plus bas!/The French translation can be found below! 23WD73861 Senior Manager, Technical Program Management Position Overview Autode…📍 Montreal, Toronto⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 29, 2023
- Senior Software EngineerAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 23WD72808 Position Overview Come join us! Do you want to create engaging, helpful, attractive websites and eCommerce platform that are frequented by millions of visitors worldwid…📍 Montreal, AMER - United States - Georgia - Offsite/Home, AMER - United States - Oregon - Offsite/Home, Toronto⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Nov 28, 2023
- Senior Advisor, Radio EngineeringBellReq Id: 415789 At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and …📍 Montreal⏱ 🚗🗓 Nov 23, 2023
- Product Manager, Education PlatformsAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 23WD73477 La traduction en Français se trouve plus bas!/The French translation can be found below! 23WD73477 Product Manager, Education Platforms Position Overview Autodesk's…📍 Montreal, Quebec⏱ Full-time🚗 Remote, Hybrid🗓 Nov 10, 2023