|Dec 21, 2023
As a team lead, you will guide a group of talented and inspired gameplay programmers (3C, Systems, AI and more) who develop technologies needed to create the games that Ubisoft fans have come to expect. Your technological know-how, leadership skills, and ability to make informed decisions will help you fulfill your ambitions. Your work will be filled with passion and pride.
Driven by a desire to see your team members flourish, you will support them in their professional development by seeing to their well-being, acting as their spokesperson in meetings with other teams and management, and ensuring that each person is in a position that stimulates them and lets them shine.
Your global vision and deep understanding of what everyone does on your team will allow you to coordinate the work and multiply the results of everyone’s efforts. What motivates you the most is to see your team grow and deliver quality, consistent systems that will help provide the rich gaming experience our players are looking for.
What you’ll do
- Distribute tasks and follow-up on the progress of the various projects during team meetings.
- Provide your team with the tools they need to work independently and contribute to the long-term technological vision of the projects.
- Meet individually with each member of your team to discuss performance, well-being, and career advancement.
- Go over notable bugs and determine the best way to fix them.
- Communicate regularly with leads in other disciplines to plan ahead, assess risks, and deliver on time.
- Code alongside your team members.
- Keep your project lead informed of the progress of your assignments and meet with other leads, both on your project and others, to discuss ways to improve processes and share technologies
What you bring
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or an equivalent field
- Vast experience in video game programming
- A minimum of three years of experience managing a team of programmers
- Proficiency in C++ and other programming languages commonly used for developing games
- Experience participating in the full production of at least one game or the equivalent as a programming team lead
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and strategic leadership skills coupled with strong empathy and diplomacy
- The ability to remain calm in difficult situations (you know that there is always a solution)
- A real understanding of video game production and the ability to put yourself in the shoes of the other professionals involved in production
What to send our way
- · Your CV highlighting your education, experience, skills, and games shipped
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
How to apply to this developer job?
Latest developer jobs in Montreal
- Engineering ManagerAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 24WD75808 La traduction en Français se trouve plus bas!/The French translation can be found below! Position Overview Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) makes software for people who m…📍 Toronto, Montreal⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Feb 20, 2024
- Senior Software DeveloperAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 24WD75984 23WD74177, Software Developer French job description to follow!/La description de poste en français se trouve plus bas! Position Overview Autodesk is seeking an experie…📍 Montreal⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Feb 16, 2024
- .NET Programmer AnalystDesjardinsAt Desjardins, we believe in equity, diversity and inclusion. We're committed to welcoming, respecting and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embraci…📍 Lévis, Montréal⏱ Full-time🚗🗓 Feb 16, 2024
- Software Development ManagerAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 24WD75534 La traduction en Fran;ais se trouve plus bas!/The French translation can be found below! Position Overview ProEst is a cloud-based cost estimating solution and a key co…📍 Alberta, AMER - Canada - New Brunswick, AMER - Canada - British Columbia, Montreal, Manitoba, Canada, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Canada, AMER - Canada - Saskatchewan, Ontario⏱ Full-time🚗 Remote, Hybrid🗓 Feb 16, 2024
- Automation QA ArchitectAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 24WD75695 La traduction en Français se trouve plus bas!/The French translation can be found below! Position Overview This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team …📍 AMER - Canada - Ontario - Toronto - University Ave, Montreal⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Feb 15, 2024