|Dec 21, 2023
As an animation programmer, you will be part of a character animation tools development team in the Content Creation Technology Group (CCTG). You’ll design and create innovative animation IK solutions in collaboration with game productions. You'll be responsible for building systems and tools that will help your colleagues create fun, impressive, and engaging worlds that are reactive and alive while meeting the highest quality standards. Your solutions will efficiently make characters move and interact realistically with their environment.
What you'll do :
- Work with different animation and programming teams to understand their game animation needs, constraints, and intentions to design adapted and reusable solutions.
- Analyze existing animation features to properly understand technological limits and know what the engine can produce.
- Build procedural IK animation systems that will be the basis for creating a living, dynamic world.
- Maintain IK animation systems unique to Ubisoft and optimize their capabilities for new projects.
- Program in a clear and structured manner in keeping with performance, memory, maintenance, compatibility, and portability requirements.
- Combine the technical and artistic sides of game design and program the animation systems that will make for the best visual representation.
- Research and develop new animation techniques (ex. procedural, physics, etc.).
- Monitor the evolution of animation techniques and share your knowledge with various cross-functional teams across Ubisoft.
What you bring :
- C++ experience and Visual Studio knowledge
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience with animation techniques such as rigging, state machines, physics ragdolls, inverse kinematics (IK), etc.
- Experience in DCC tools and in the animation field to understand programming tools and how to improve them
- A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or related training)
- A good eye for detail to find even the smallest flaws in the system and optimize them
What to send our way :
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped
- Samples of your work (attach files or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
How to apply to this developer job?
Latest developer jobs in Montreal
- Engineering ManagerAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 24WD75808 La traduction en Français se trouve plus bas!/The French translation can be found below! Position Overview Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) makes software for people who m…📍 Toronto, Montreal⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Feb 20, 2024
- Senior Software DeveloperAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 24WD75984 23WD74177, Software Developer French job description to follow!/La description de poste en français se trouve plus bas! Position Overview Autodesk is seeking an experie…📍 Montreal⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Feb 16, 2024
- .NET Programmer AnalystDesjardinsAt Desjardins, we believe in equity, diversity and inclusion. We're committed to welcoming, respecting and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embraci…📍 Lévis, Montréal⏱ Full-time🚗🗓 Feb 16, 2024
- Software Development ManagerAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 24WD75534 La traduction en Fran;ais se trouve plus bas!/The French translation can be found below! Position Overview ProEst is a cloud-based cost estimating solution and a key co…📍 Alberta, AMER - Canada - New Brunswick, AMER - Canada - British Columbia, Montreal, Manitoba, Canada, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Canada, AMER - Canada - Saskatchewan, Ontario⏱ Full-time🚗 Remote, Hybrid🗓 Feb 16, 2024
- Automation QA ArchitectAutodeskJob Requisition ID # 24WD75695 La traduction en Français se trouve plus bas!/The French translation can be found below! Position Overview This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team …📍 AMER - Canada - Ontario - Toronto - University Ave, Montreal⏱ Full-time🚗 Hybrid🗓 Feb 15, 2024